Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Business trip.

According to last cycle, when I (probably) ovulated around cycle day 25, I will ovulate while I am away on a 5 day long business trip (towards the end of the trip, too.)  So I started looking at bringing my DH along.  He was not thrilled with this idea.

When we got married, we carefully discussed "all those things people should talk about but don't" and one of them was whether we'd go to "extraordinary lengths" to have a baby.  We agreed we wouldn't.  Problem is, he thinks coming along on my trip is extraordinary, and I don't.

At this point, I really don't even think getting his semen tested, or maybe medication if I had a luteal phase defect, or even an IUI, would be extraordinary.  But he does.  He pretty much flat out said he wouldn't do anything (and didn't want me to do anything either.) 

I think it's because we had a HUGE conflict early on in our marriage.  Before marriage we decided that I'd stop using BC on the honeymoon and we'd have a baby.  After marriage, I discovered a martial art that obsessed me for a good portion of the first 3 years of our married life, and I told him I wasn't sure I wanted to have a baby right away (or ever) and wanted time to think about it.  Considering I was 35 when we married, that was kind of shocking to him, since he figured I was old enough to know my mind on the subject, and wishy washy mindchanging wasn't on the plate for him.  But I did "come around" and obviously now I really want to have a baby or three.  And I now feel ready to be a parent. 

And I feel like he's punishing me.  He totally sneered when I said "But honey, I'm 39.  We ought to give every cycle our best shot."  I knew he was thinking "You should have thought of that 3-4 years ago."

I love him but sometimes I hate him too.

But-- now fertility friend (which is probably calculating things on the basis of averages, like an average luteal phase length of 14 days) is predicting that I will ovulate before I leave, and that the week before my trip will be a good time to get busy.  I hope my temps prove it right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment